Seeing Spots

To celebrate Children's Book Week M's school is having a "Dress up as your favourite book character" day. Without hesitation she chose to be a a 101 Dalmatian and as she pointed out..."not all of them mum!"

This is the first time I haven't groaned and rolled my eyes upon hearing about another dress up day, I was actually excited about making her a costume (I've secretly always wanted to be one of *those* mums).

I found this pattern and some spotty faux fur fabric from Lincraft. The fur was ok to work with, quite messy and it became thick and bulky to sew in some places. Other than that, this was a really easy pattern and apart from the tail looking like something else (go on, have a guess at what I could be getting at!!) I am really happy with the end result.

Perhaps I overstuffed the tail...?

Ok, I've decided I have overstuffed the tail and with less stuffing it might look less like what I think it looks like.

Oh dear!





This is M wearing the costume before I had done the wrist/ankle elastic and also before I had attached the ears and tail. Excuse H's mismatched pj's, instead just focus your attention on the tiny little gap in M's mouth, she lost her first tooth!

5 comments:

  1. Great costume Vik - nice tail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOO cute!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. M will love you for being one of "those" Mums! I wish Caleb had wanted something more adventorous! You've done a beautiful job.

    Is that kelpie tail? *hehe* Kidding!

    Good work! Have fun at the parade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really cute - oh and congrats on the missing tooth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done!
    You've arrived! LOL one of those mums now! I had better get a wriggle on! LOL

    Looks great

    ReplyDelete