Goodie Bags

Miss M, my beautiful, sweet, funny, smart, kind, light of my life daughter turned 6 this week. She had such a lovely birthday and today she had a party.

A month or so ago I started playing around making yoyo's and as I kept making them I thought they would be perfect for M's party bags. It was good to just plod along and make them when I had some spare time here and there.

Then, a few nights ago, I thought it would be great to actually make the party bags. A while back I picked up a bag of 8" long zippers for 50c at the op shop so the whole idea was based on those zips. Since I already had plenty of fabric and had a tute in mind that I wanted to try, it all made sense.

The bags aren't perfect, my zip ends don't quite push up and out enough, I would love to know what the secret is to get them looking better. Otherwise, I was really happy with how they all turned out.

Each pouch had contrast lining





The yoyo's have grown on me, the more I made the better my fabric and button matching became. I sewed the yoyo's to the hairclips in 3 different places to be triple sure they were nice and secure. Annoying and boring (hate hand sewing) but worth it.



I really wanted to give M's friends something sweet and special to say thank you for her lovely gifts. I didn't want any plastic type toys in the bags either and hope the girls will wear their clips and use their pouches. They actually look a lot like pencil cases and are a great size for all sorts of things - hair ties, ribbons, texta's....

Here are the goodies we put in each bag



The ties on the zips were a last minute decision, I thought it would help smaller fingers open the pouches and I also liked the dash of contrast colour it gives each bag.



Happy birthday to my gorgeous girl!

Before the party....


and after the party (looking a little overwhelmed!)

4 comments:

  1. She is so cute. I love the party bags and hair clips aswell, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Vik they are awesome and what a great idea!!! M is sooo sweet too!!!!!!!! Good job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic idea for goody bags, I'm going to have nick the idea now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea and sweet thing to do for your girl. One day, when she is older and looks back, she'll say thankyou again.

    ReplyDelete