Oliver + S Popover Sundress

When I first saw this free pattern by Oliver + S I wasn't inspired to make it (!). It was only after seeing some of the dresses made by the girls in my online beginners sewing group that I knew I had to make one too.

I was disappointed with a few silly things I could have done better. The yoke stitching runs off ever so slightly (on the wrong side thankfully), the hem is pretty wonky and I forgot to tuck in the raw ends of the straps. I think there may have been 1 or 2 teeny tiny tucks on the armhole binding too. Next time I will go to bed instead of being too stubborn and wanting to finish.

The fabric is ok, it's sweet for a little girl (butterflies, flowers, of course M loves it) but the placement of the navy blue flowers annoys me so I like it worn better with the white side under the yoke at the back.

I also would have preferred to do the yoke in a navy blue instead of the pale pink but I didn't have any fabric in that colour (stubborn remember, couldn't wait....)

It seems to be quite long on M and plenty of room so I might even do a size smaller next time.

I like this dress but I don't love it. I will make it again though because I do like the pattern.



2 comments:

  1. I might try this pattern next, I love your version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric that you chose for the dress. Well done!

    ReplyDelete